I've discovered SOCKS!

Hi there!

My July 2019 update -




FINISHED OBJECTS

Finished Object - my Burrow Wrap by Kay F. Jones
Knit with 9 shades of Koigu KPPM and Rowan Kidsilk Haze
This is the first project in the "Swish and Flick Collective".

See my Burrow Wrap Ravelry Project page here.....


Whispers in the Walls socks - the second pattern of the Swish and Flick Collective!
Knit in Regia Premium Yak sock yarn....

See my Whispers in the Walls Ravelry Project page here.....


Rose City Rollers socks - FREE Pattern....you can find it here!

Hubby's short socks - Rowan Fine Art - sadly discontinued.
Mine were knit in leftover Koigu KPPM from the Burrow Wrap!


SOCK YARN STASH!

I am totally honest and share my sock yarn stash! (I might not have knit socks, but I bought sock yarn.!)

My sock club yarn was to knit socks from "New Pathways For Sock Knitters" by  Cat Bordhi.

Got my Triskelion Yarn, Skyffling, at Purlescence!


WORKS IN PROGRESS....

Still working on my Magnolia, Fair Isle Club 4 project! Almost Finished!


ACQUISITIONS

Brittany Needles, size 2 mm for sock needles - ordered from Earth Guild, Asheville, NC

Bryspun Stainless Steel Sock Blockers - ordered from Espace Tricot, Montreal, Quebec


VIOLA AND THE MOON OPEN HOUSE

Check out Emily Foden's book.....Knits about Winter

I bought sock yarn to make her Variations socks!

27:45 Video Clip of the Viola Open House madness!
28:12 Video Clip - Emily's Dye Studio

I also bought MCN Worsted and Mohair Lace for the "Ghost Wood Mittens"! (shade Mineral)

Coming up in August - I'm going to a dye workshop at Koigu!

Sock Yarn vs Fingering Weight Yarn - a great article on the Mason-Dixon blog!


Happy Knitting everyone!


Anne x
(with Lackie at her feet...)






















Comments

  1. Great video. Thanks for sharing your new-found passion for sock knitting. Happy to have you aboard. Warning: it's a bit addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My template for socks is Priscilla's Dream Socks from Favorite Socks by Interweave. It is untypically a short-row heel as well as short-row toe construction. I got the book before the internet & no one I knew was knitting socks then. Took me ages to understand the technique. And then the internet & youtube arrived. Eureka! When a friend wanted to learn to knit the pattern, this was the youtube video we found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ttSoJoa4nU

    Hope that helps ;) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed your video very much - your fair isle jacket is exquisite! I'm NOT a sock knitter either - I've tried every needle known to man - yes to Lantern Moon - yes to square Kollage, yes to addi flips the newest craze. I just knit too loose to be successful with socks. always enjoyable spending time with you Anne !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale