Crochet Convert.....and a CAL!

I love my Niamh!

Yes, I do crochet! Thank you very much!



Niamh, from Marie Wallin's 



I lengthened it by adding a repeat here and there!


The Ombre shading is so on trend right now!



I made the neckline a bit lower.


and custom fit the body.
 as I wanted a fit that was between sizes. 
(easy to do as this was a basic 5 stitch repeat pattern)


I love it!

Yes, I am a crochet convert! While I will always be a knitter first, I thoroughly enjoyed this foray into crochet....I loved how Niamh is edged with knit rib!

If I can do it, you can too!

So excited about crochet, I suggested to Marie that while some of her fans are knitting their Fair Isle Club 2 blanket....have you seen it?



There are still spots available for this exclusive Club design
......get all the details here Fairisle Club 2.


Maybe we could do a CAL (Crochet a long) with the designs in Winter Crochet! She liked the idea....and agreed that if I handled the admin, she'd provide a prize! So, here are the details!

Originally posted in the Marie Wallin Handknit & Crochet Forum....Winter Crochet CAL thread - post 46!
Who wants to join a “Winter Crochet: Collection 7” CAL?

Queue up your project from Winter Crochet: Collection 7, and get crocheting!
Post a photo of your finished garment to your project page before the deadline of July 31, 2017 (midnight GMT).
Each finished garment will enter you….
Yes, Marie Wallin has offered a copy of her next collection “North Sea” to the crocheter randomly selected from the finished garments!
Want more chances to win? Share your finished project photo with the @MWWinterCAL” hashtag on other social media sites for additional entries! (Only one additional entry per project per social media platform! eg. You can share your finished project photo with the hashtag on Facebook and Instagram for two additional entries.)
Only garment designs from the “Winter Crochet: Collection Seven” will be eligible. Yarn substitution is acceptable. Shade substitution is encouraged!
The garments already completed and posted will be included in the draw!
Disclaimer: I approached Marie with this idea….she is busy designing right now but liked the idea….so if I was willing to do the admin, she was happy to supply a “prize”. I will not be eligible for the draw :)


There is plenty of time to join the CAL! 

While I've finished Niamh, I'm also considering Gael.

How about you? Are you going to get your hooks out and try one of Marie's sophisticated knit/crochet designs?

Happy Crochet!

Anne (x with Lackie and Daisy at her feet)

#crochet #MWWinterCAL #CAL #MarieWallib +Marie Wallin 


Comments

  1. I love your crocheted sweater, Anne! Alas, I don't crochet, so won't be able to enter the CAL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale