Winter is coming....

Winter is my serious knitting time! Put on some Netflix or Acorn TV, or a favourite DVD!, make a cup of tea and settle down for some serious knitting!

This winter I have joined two, maybe 3, knit-along type projects. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Sure seemed like a great idea at the time!

First, when I heard about Marie Wallin's Fair Isle Blanket Club, well, I used to have the handle of FairIsleFanatic on Ravelry back in the day, so this just called to me.


@Marie Wallin

This is not a mystery club....you know what you are signing up for right from the beginning! Marie has designed 12 unique fair isle designs, one to be knit each month, that when sewn up will create a truly heirloom blanket.

It's not too late to sign up.....Marie Wallin Fairisle Club!



The second is the Kate Davies Seven Skeins club!


@Kate Davies Designs

This is a different sort of club...you sign up, receive your 7 skeins of yarn, and it's up to you how you are going to use those 7 shades in the "mystery" projects that are presented to you each week.


aren't these gorgeous shades?


The official title for this collection of designs is...

Buachaille: At Home in the Highlands

and if you click through on this link, you will see all of the projects on Ravelry so far!

The third? Well, I am not sure I have joined or will join the third....I'm just lurking around the Revelry thread right now.

The Amy Herzog Options Knit Along which uses Rowan Pure Wool Superwash DK!




While intriguing, do I have time to knit a custom fit sweater???? Do I have the mental will to make all of these decisions? Pullover/cardigan?plain/striped,textured? round or v neck? full or 3/4 sleeves? I can feel the Brain fog setting in!

I am always up for learning something new! So I've decided to participate as a "virtual" knitter. Follow along, watch Amy's videos for her tips, think about what she has to say! Right off, she reinforced something that I'd recently learned in an on-line fit class with Ysolde Teague. (...another fabulous designer that focusses on making your sweaters fit!) 



Intrigued? Watch Amy's first video. You'll have to watch to understand what I'm on about here :)

I also signed up for Amy's newsletter...there is some great stuff here knitters! I have been known to go on a bit about swatches....and I am so happy to see that Amy and I agree on swatches. Big smile here!!! So I hope if you have issues with making the sweaters that you knit fit the way you want, you'll join this knit along....if nothing else, read Amy's post about swatching here!


Whew, just putting this down here makes my head spin. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? Will I managed to finish anything this season?

Finish...yes....I haven't forgotten....I have things to finish!

Happy Knitting,

Anne

xx with Lackie and Daisy at her feet




Postscript...since I started the draft of this post, I've had a case of the flu (nasty nasty - get your flu shots people!).  Now that the worst is over, I've been able to enjoy being pampered a bit by the DH (he makes great Baxter's soup and tea), watch some TV, knit (I've started the first of Marie's blanket squares), and get some reading done. I finished "Career of Evil" the third Cormoran Strike novel by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) and have started the newest Jack Reacher. What authors do you enjoy?

It's been 10 days, I'm ready for this to be seriously over!

Thanks for dropping by!

Anne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale