YARN! at the Kitchener Waterloo Fair

Well, I stuck to my plan of NO MORE YARN!

I am so fortunate to have not one, but TWO local yarn stores to supply my fibre needs.  My really close LYS Main St. Yarns, and my nice drive to Ancaster local Rowan stockist The Needle Emporium! These two LYS's provide me with lots of yarn appreciation time.  MSY wasn't at the Fair....but

Julie from The Needle Emporium had a booth at the KW Fair and she was there with lots and lots of Mrs. Crosby yarn.  This yarn is seriously gorgeous and I have had to "step away from the yarn" more than once.  Julie did a blog post about the Fair and you should go visit and read her post!

Just because I wasn't buying....didn't mean I couldn't ooh and ahhh! laughing!

I'd like to use this blog post to introduce you to a brand new Canadian indie dyer!


my iPhone photos do NOT do this yarn justice...
my knit bud was fascinated...
Here's Darlene and the creator of these fabulous shades!

Carla is wearing the Clustered Vest by Miriam L Felton
knit in the gorgeous shade Franklin Island Lichen
(go peek at this shade, but come right back!)

What can I say about this yarn.....the bases are all BlueFaced Leicester....


Hennessy - 100% BFL 
Kilcoursie - 80% super wash BFL with 20% Nylon
Pengallie - 80% super wash BFL with 20% Silk

fingering, dk, aran and top for spinning - oh my!

All of the shades are inspired by colours found in the Georgian Bay area!  I will not spoil the joy of the first glimpse of each inspiration and the resulting shade...so go make yourself a cup of tea or coffee....sit down and click on the logo below.


 Georgian Bay Fibre Company


Welcome back - I hope you enjoyed your visit to Muskoka Country - aren't those photos fabulous!

Did you notice that there is a KAL happening over there?
It is the "Shifting Leaves Knit-a-Long" and it is seriously tempting!

I MUST RESIST as the Kaffe Afghan KAL starts soon!


********************************


Last Reminder - Don't forget that Sally Melville offers you this Discount for her "Essential Techniques Every Knitter Should Know" class.  Click on through....tell them Sally sent you :)

Wow, Thank you Sally for this great offer!


(I'll be promoting this until my Emley sweater is done!)  Don't forget to enter my draw to win 4 (or even 5) skeins of Rowan Fine Art Aran.  I will keep adding names to the draw until I finish my Emley sweater!  Front and Back both done - sleeves are next!


October 1 will be here soon!  Are you joining the new Kaffe Fassett Mystery Blanket knit-a-long? Rowan will be releasing the first pattern on October 1! I'm doing the "Red" 
colour way and have ordered the yarn! There are already 750 knitters signed up on the Ravelry thread - WOW!




********************************



This is my last blog post about the KW Fair - it was a blast and I encourage you to visit next year - always in September (usually the 2nd Saturday).

Next time I'll be sharing my "recipe" pattern for the my Faraway Seashore scarf...so until then,


Happy Knitting!

Anne




I hope you'll take a moment to 
Join the Life LackaDaisiCal community,
by following in a reader of your choice,
or by e-mail,
or subscribe to be notified 
of new posts (or new comments)

Handy links are at the top right for you!

I do appreciate all of my followers!

Anne   :)


\          /\/\  
\\          .    .
             Daisy and Lackie like followers too!


#knitting #dyeing #kwknittersfair

Comments

  1. That Georgian Bay yarn is gorgeous! I just ordered a skein of sock yarn to try it out. Thanks for being such a great enabler. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale