Cutting it close.....very close...


I had seen Citron on Knitty and Citron on Ravelry - thought it was a great design - but when I saw Touran's Cool Citron (you have to be logged in to Ravelry for this link to work) done in Kidsilk Haze Stripe - well, I had to make one!

Nearing the end, I started to weigh my ball of Kidsilk Haze after each row........after repeat 5, I felt that I had enough yarn to complete the ruffle with the striped yarn.  (My alternate plan B was to use a solid Kidsilk Haze to do the ruffle.)

Down and down the scale readings went....each row of the ruffle took a full gram.  I ended up doing one less row for the ruffle, and was carefully binding off, watching the yarn get eaten up stitch by stitch.

 This is what I had left once I had bound off!!!  So little yarn that it doesn't even register on the scale!

Ahhhh, but it was worth every tense moment.....


I will do an Applose photo when I've gently blocked this.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale