Bláithín Progress

Getting ready for a night of knitting......I wound a skein of the Soft Donegal Yarn.
Knit up my swatch - it measured 4.25 inches for the prescribed number of stitches and rows....but after washing, and a gentle vertical block, it measured 4 inches perfectly!
I usually don't pay any attention to basic instructions (my downfall sometimes) but I did follow the link in the Bláithín pattern to Lucy Neatby's Provisional Crochet Cast on.

(In the past I had done a crochet cast on by making a long chain stitch piece, then knitting up through one arm of the crochet chain - most fiddly - check out Lucy's way - it is truly Brilliant!  I will use this more often now!
Although I don't subscribe to "The Knitter" any more...I did purchase Issue 44 - for the Mongolian Shawl by Christel Seyfarth.  It's going to be hot this afternoon, so I'll take a break from being outside - and do some stash diving for the yarns for this shawl.
Who would have guessed that painting Dogs could be so hard.  My paintings of my beautiful Montie make him look like a spaniel!  But I am making progress on roses.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale