The Millenium Series......

I had heard about the Stieg Larrson books, about how he wrote all 3 of them before he approached a publisher, about his activist life, about how he died unexpectedly at the age of 50, and about how these books were published posthumously to great acclaim.

These books have sold more than 20 million copies world-wide.  Check out the link above for fascinating information on the writer and his life.



I bought the first book - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to see if I liked it.......followed by the second......and I had to get the last one that had just come out in hard cover.  I usually save hard cover purchases to the authors that I collect.....but with 30% off as a best seller and an additional 10% because of my Chapters card, well, 40% off made it just a bit more expensive than a paperback!


The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was a compelling book -- even though I was disturbed by parts of it, I had to keep reading.  If you don't like graphic violence - don't read this book.

Comments

  1. I just bought the first of these books at Costco. I kept hearing about it everywhere I went, sooo, what the heck, I'll give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale