When only the finest will do...."Rowan Finest"

I couldn't wait to knit with "Rowan Finest".  It caught my eye immediately!

Fine gauge knitting with luxurious yarn and a collection of designs that are just so sublime!


50% wool, 20% cashmere and 30% royal alpaca.....
an amazingly soft, lightweight, 4 ply yarn

12 gorgeous shades
87m (95yds) per 25 g ball

These cute little balls of yarn have a purpose!

You know you hate it when a design just takes you into that next 50 gram ball right?
So with 25g balls, there is less wastage!
Sarah Hatton has designed 14 of the most elegant knits

Greta - sophisticated yet vulnerable

and worked in the round!


Kay - bold and edgy


Leona - the button detail makes this so very versatile

Una - beret and gloves -
with a bit of lace - every woman needs a touch of red!

I asked Sara Hatton about the styling for these designs and the photo shoot.  She said that she was going for "50's and 60's vintage Miami".



Vilma - a sophisticated twist on a traditional yoke design!

(Yes it is knit in the round, joining the body and sleeves to knit the yoke!)

Turns out this collection was photographed in "deepest darkest Nottinghamshire!

My impression of this design collection?  Well, it sort of reminds me of Oceans 11.  Remember Julia Roberts as Tess?  I can see Julia wearing these designs....strolling through the Bellagio.....on her way to meet up with.....hmmmm....I know Danny Ocean was her ex....

but I sort of like Rusty's style myself!


ahem, ok, let's get back to knitting!

cover design - Gloria

Want to see all of the Rowan Finest designs?

and all of the Rowan Finest shades?


Can you see why I just couldn't wait to try knitting with Rowan Finest? Why I just HAD TO knit something right then and there?

Happy Knitting!

Anne :)



Next time.....
Faraway, a seaside scarf
photos and "recipe"




I hope you'll take a moment to 
Join the Life LackaDaisiCal community,
by following in a reader of your choice,
or by e-mail,
or subscribe to be notified 
of new posts (or new comments)

Handy links are at the top right for you!

I do appreciate all of my followers!





Comments

  1. You know what I like about this yarn? It is a solid colour. I need to knit a solid colour thingy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Thanks for including the Pitt-man. He's awfully fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale