Faraway, a seaside scarf


inspiration struck while at the English seaside....

combining the new "Rowan Finest" yarn
with a Rowan classic, "Kidsilk Haze Stripe"

I didn't finish knitting until I was home here in Ontario....


it is high summer, and I want to photograph a scarf
that combines Mohair, Wool, Cashmere and Alpaca!

was I crazy????

well, I may not live near the seaside, but....
off to Lake Ontario we went, for a "seaside" feel...

this combination of Rowan Finest and Kidsilk Haze Stripe
 is incredibly luxurious!

knit simply in alternating sections of 
stocking stitch and reverse stocking stitch....
inspired "over the pond" 
it is a great reminder of a wonderful vacation!
(I love the pockets in this top)
it floats in the breeze...
...ahh, that feels more like the seaside!


If you like to know more...things to link through to....



The yarns I used....Rowan Finest and Kidsilk Haze Stripe

My linen top is by olars ulla sweden....

one of my purchases at UpCountry in Holmfirth.....
I mentioned this in my "All Good Things" post

Pants...Ralph Lauren...bought a couple of years ago!

need "Rowan Finest" and "Kidsilk Haze Stripe"?
visit my "local" Rowan stockist, The Needle Emporium!





thank you to my wonderful friend,
photographer and Jamberry lady
Renée....she knows just how to get "the shot"


I am wearing "Confetti Cake"
and Renée is wearing "Icy Rose Polka"
visit Renée's Jamberry page 





































I hope you'll take a moment to 
Join the Life LackaDaisiCal community,

subscribe in a reader...
follow by e-mail...
or subscribe to posts or comments...

handy links are at the top
of the right column!

I do appreciate all of my followers!

Anne






Comments

  1. Anne, that scarf is seriously beautiful - I love the colours! great photos and what a fantastic reminder of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! Yes, it does remind me of this trip....and I think maybe it might start a tradition for future trips....a little something to be knit while on vacation :)

      Delete
  2. It's very lovely, Anne. The whole outfit is lovely. What a nice reminder of your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristie! That was my first visit to the south coast of England....it is a different world down there.....I loved it!

      Delete
  3. I can smell the sea! Beautiful Anne. Reminded me of England too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely....a long way to go to commute to the cottage though :) I do love the sea side!

      Delete
  4. Ouuu! Pretty! I love the color and yarn selection, and the photos. It looks like a perfect vacation knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristen...yes, I really love a simple holiday knit...no shaping...no counting rows unless you want to! The yarn combo was pretty luscious!

      Delete
  5. exquisite colors & vibrant photos... you modeled amazingly !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours of your scarf capture so well the beautiful colours of the sea. Thank you for your comments of Daisy and the link to Harley, poor boy he looks so cute! We are in the process of selling our house at the moment so won't do anything until we are settled. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale