Orkney has commenced!



Finally!  Sometimes I just get paralyzed with the whole casting on for a new project thing.  So....I started with a sleeve....the shades used are lovely - the combinations are different....and although I am a very conservative dresser....I am really quite excited about this sweater.  I think it is going to be so different from my other "fair isle" cardigans.

I am knitting the sleeve in the round - on 3.25 mm bamboo needles.  I'll probably switch to two circulars when I can.  It's going relatively quickly......

The front no button band look is still stumping me.  Do I knit this sweater in pieces and go for the whole vintage sweater vibe?

OR, do I do my usual thing and convert it to knit in the round - and add front bands for the buttons and button holes.

Only time will tell.  Right now I'm enjoying the knit.

for the LOVE of ROWAN,

Anne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale