Great big thank you!

Thanks for all of your kind comments about Autumn Rose, and how it fits me! It makes me feel great!

Eunny Jang did a fabulous job on this design.......and it fits beautifully! I highly recommend it!

It's obviously a hit -- 20 comments on my "Finale" post. A new record has been set.

While DH and I are on Vacation, I'll be swatching for this.....
This is the "Duxbury Point" aran from Simply Shetland 4. Done in the new Simply Shetland Silk and Shetland Lambswool yarn, fingering weight, used single ply, fine gauge aran knitting at it's best!

Some of my knitting friends think I'm crazy LOL!

(This will be a sweater for DH -- but don't tell him, it's a secret!)

She Ewe Knits will also be taking a break -- and when "She" gets back, we'll be getting organized for the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters' Fair Sept. 8 at Bingeman's.

I'll be doing something different at the Fair this year -- I will be showcasing the new Simply Shetland 4 book, the new designs in it, and the new yarns. Kits for most of the designs in the book will be available at the fair (yarn pack and book). If you already have the book -- great -- yarn packs will be available. Due to my limited stock of the book, on the day of the fair I will only be selling the book as part of a Kit. If there is something you want in particular.....let me know before the day as my stock of this new yarn is limited to one sweater per shade.

I will have the other books there also.....and Alcea from Simply Shetland 3 -- you didn't get to see it at the Fair last year because I hadn't finished it yet! I think it deserves another showing. I won't be bringing yarn packs for any of the other older designs -- so if you want me to bring anything in particular for you to look at (no obligation) just let me know -- and you can order yarn packs (or kits) for any design from the previous books.

Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. Oh you've gone & done it Anne! You know how I love my cables!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I've joined a Fulmar KAL, so who am I to call you crazy?! I LOVE a good complex cabled sweater.

    Have a great vacation! I'll see you in September at KW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really make being on a yarn diet difficult! I can't! I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne...only just found your blog as about to start on my biggest knitting adventure yet with autumn rose...only ever done mittens etc...never ever done any steeking. So this is going to be a great learning curve for me...have just ordered the book from Scottish Fibres...oh I live in the UK by the way. Would you believe Jamiesons don't have the book in stock...but thankfully buying the yarn will be easier. Anyway if you could point me in any directions for techniques etc I would be most grateful...I have looked at all your projects and they are so beautifyl..Am in full admiration of your work. Anyway, really nice blog. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh, I'm thinking I'm going to have to pick up Shetland 4. I wasn't going to, but what you're showing is just wonderful.
    I too am about to start on Fulmar, so I won't call you crazy. That is, after I get Kilkenny and Dickinson off the needles. Both of those though, are going lickety split.

    I'm dying to know how you like the shetland silk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale