DKC Frolic Finds

I know I'm late to this party -- where I show off my finds from the Downtown Knit Collective Frolic which was held on Saturday, April 28. I was late arriving to the Frolic too....another pressing commitment held me up that morning.....but not to worry, I still managed to do some damage at the Frolic.

Pre-ordered for pickup at the Frolic were the new Lucy Neatby DVD's........


Marsha at Needle Arts Bookshop had them all ready to go for me.

I needed some mindless yet interesting knitting for the summer, and Robyn and Red Bird Knits had just the project for me.


Although mine won't be exactly as shown (because I'm just going to use the variegated yarn as it comes off the ball), I'm sure my socks will have their own uniqueness!

And to knit the socks, I splurged on some Ebony Sock Needles, at the Main St. Yarns booth -- my LYS.


They are gorgeous and come in their own beautiful little silk bag.

While I was at the Red Bird Knits booth, I saw this magazine.


I'd never seen it before. When I got home I did some googling around I saw it described as "National Geographic for Fibre people" -- well, needless to say I've subscribed to it -- it's a lovely magazine.

One last non-knittery thing....beautiful hand made soap -
"Lid's Really Really Nice Soap"


in "Muskoka Boathouse" fragrance - a lovely manly scent, for the DH. (Lidia doesn't have a web site yet, but if you're interested in her lovely soaps, contact her at lidiapirrie@hotmail.com)

I may be late to the party, but once I'm there, I fully enjoy myself!

Comments

  1. How did I miss that great sock pattern? I rooted through the stuff at that booth for 15 minutes or more and I swear I never saw that.

    Hey! Alllll my other knitting committments are done so I'll be hitting you up for more "natural white" pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Wild Fibers is a terrific magazine! I subscribe, too! Just so many knitted lovelies out there...I even have a new one planned, too -- now am trying to hold off casting on so I can actually get a FO this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, how did I miss that pattern! It's beautiful, and will make a great pair of socks.

    Well, I think you did a great job finding some really nice stuff. I saw the soap, and kick myself for not picking some up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting - I get that, but mindless? Only for you Anne!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale