Magazine 72 Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Kidsilk Haze!

Magazine photos © Rowan Yarns

Rowan Magazine 72 - In celebration of the 20th anniversary of Kidsilk Haze, Rowan has added 39 new shades to the Kidsilk Haze colour range!


Magazine 72 dedicated a full design story to Kidsilk Haze….with new designs from all of our favourite Rowan designers, Kaffe, Brandon, Martin and Lisa, Erica and Chloe…just a few of the new designs here….

CHOUX (Erica Knight)

NOVA (Quail Studio)

WILD (Martin Storey)

WONDERLAND (Chloe Thurlow)

DAYDREAM (Lisa Richardson)

FIREBIRD (Quail Studio)

ZIGGY (Kaffe Fassett)


and these designers have given us a rerun of their favourite Kidsilk Haze designs…..so it’s a bit of a double dose of Kidsilk Haze bliss!

Reprinted in the magazine is the Flora MacDonald design - an iconic cardigan, designed by Sarah Dallas.

FLORA MacDONALD (Sarah Dallas)
Originally in Rowan Magazine 30 and then
Featured in the Rowan 40 Anniversary Collection

My favourite Kidsilk Haze archive design?

EARTH STRIPE WRAP (Kaffe Fassett)
Rowan Magazome 42

Kaffe’s Earth Stripe Wrap from the cover of Rowan Magazine 42 inspired a vacation buying spree of Kidsilk Haze when I found it on sale at John Lewis! At that time I didn’t get all of the original shades, so I improvised and made my own striped jacked. It was many years later and I still loved the design, so when I found a yarn pack of the original shades I grabbed it up and proceeded to knit the original Kaffe’s Earth Stripe Wrap, and also made a hat to match - my favourite go to scarf and hat to keep warm during the cold Canadian winter!


The second story of the magazine “Texture in Nature” is a selection of designs by Lisa Richardson featuring Rowan’s Moordale yarn!

SHELL

OAK HAT

STRATA

SESSILE

TIDAL

Moordale is a Rowan British yarn….British Wool and Alpaca, spun and dyed in the UK. There are 18 classic shades of Moordale - I am smitten and need to knit something in this gorgeous yarn!





I’ve done my full YouTube video blog of Rowan Magazine 72! You can see it here!



Are you going to knit one of the Magazine 72 designs?

I am! Of course I am!

Can you guess which design I’ve yarned up for?



Happy Knitting!

Anne x

Comments

  1. Love the Jelly Bean style! Asymmetry appeals to me. Thanks, Ann.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale