Martin Storey SNOWFLOWER Knitalong!



Well HELLO there!

I know, it’s been a while :)


My knitting mojo has been missing in action….so to get back into the groove here and on youtube…..What could be better than the Rowan Connect Martin Storey SNOWFLOWER Knitalong!

Martin Storey + Rowan Felted Tweed + fair isle design + knit in the round = MY DREAM PROJECT!

SNOWFLOWER SHAWL/COWL
BY MARTIN STOREY
©️ ROWAN YARNS



This is a knit along organized by Rowan Connect, the Education Arm of Rowan Yarns! If you haven’t yet attended a Rowan Connect Event…..you should!!! A free introduction to the Fall/Winter 2024/25 season is coming up and you should sign up!


Back to the SNOWFLOWER KAL…. You can SIGN UP HERE


HURRY!!! The yarn requirements have been released in preparation for the first release of the SNOWFLOWER Knitalong, Saturday 31 August!


Visit your local Rowan stockist and touch/feel/embrace all the Rowan Felted Tweed loveliness!


No LYS?


You can order direct from Rowan here….. SNOWFLOWER KAL to recreate this gorgeous shawl/cowl in Martin’s original shades.

You can play around with shades if you think you’d like to recolour the shawl ….. like me :)
Sorry Martin, but purple and pinks are just NOT my thing!


Here’s what I have come up with!






Just click on the shade to highlight it, then go to the shades offered and choose your substitute. You can reset the shades at any time and start over……


It helps to “see” that this is a collection of 4 darks and 4 lights…..this is where I’m going to start when I head down to the great yarn storage room in the basement! Adjustments may be made because I’m hoping to do this with stash yarn! Wish me luck!

(Need inspiration? Looking on line, yarn stores are building their own colourways…..go googling to see what you can find!)


My SNOWFLOWER Knitalong plan is to record my progress. By sharing, I’m hopefully encouraging fellow KALers (and myself) to keep going to the finish line!

I love fairisle knitting, I love Felted Tweed, this is knit in the round (no shaping to distracted from the lovely zen feel of stranded knitting) - frankly, a dream project for me :)


Are you joining the SNOWFLOWER KAL? I hope to see you there :)


Happy knitting,

Anne

PS: I’ve been absent as it seems that moving was a bigger deal that I originally thought. After the excitement of everything being new…I had to settle in to the new reality here which honestly seemed easy at first….but well, I’ll share a bit of this as updates on my SNOWFLOWER KAL youtube diary ok?

Join me at LifeLDC Knits! Subscribe to be notified of new uploads!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

My Autumn/Winter Queue - Magazine 68