Nagano, Pure Linen






Nagano, by Vibe Ulrik

This is a unique construction - each half of the sweater, so the right front and back, are knit as one. The left piece is one of those lovely lace stitches that Vibe does....with knit 2 together through the back loop on the right side and purl 2 together through the back loop on the wrong side. I did swatch it, but I have to tell you, I love the rustic look of this yarn in plain old vanilla stocking stitch...so I decided to do both sides the same. I love the way it grows diagonally from the centre seam!

The pattern calls for the sleeves to be knit and then sewn onto the body pieces. I chose to pick up stitches and decrease down to the size of sleeve called for in the pattern, then knit top down following the pattern instructions! It worked just fine!

I love the feel of this top - it is light and airy and flowy and it is the perfect length!!! As with all of my Pure Linen sweaters, I do wear a camisole under them. If you were braver, you might not :)

Shown here wearing my Bryn Walker linen pants (very wide legged, very swish) I feel very retro....that's why I tried the monochromatic view of some of the photos.

While Pure Linen is one of the yarns that Rowan has decided to discontinue, you can still find it (sometimes on sale) and it is a wonderful yarn that I just adore. (I have enough in my stash for another sweater....and then all the leftovers from the previous sweaters I have made....see here and here...I think will make ANOTHER sweater....so I think I am good. But I have to tell you that the gold shade, Simpson, is calling my name. Then there is Mojave, a pale blue.....no no no, my stash is already at SABLE (stash accumulation beyond life expectancy) so NO! Please, please, buy up all the Pure Linen, help a knitter resist :)


Nagano, Vibe Ulrik - you can buy it here


This has been a busy summer for us and I'm WAY behind in my Marie Wallin Fair Isle Blanket squares. So, time to hunker down and get on with it. NO NEW PROJECT WILL BE STARTED until this blanket is done....well, maybe one :) but which one :)

Happy Knitting!

Anne
(with Lackie and Daisy at her feet)

Comments

  1. I love this linen sweater - thanks to your blog, I have bought the pattern (lacy side and all) and ordered the yarn at a discount price here in France. It's gorgeous - like you my stash is SABLE but just could not resist this!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gill, this design, the yarn, it is luscious! Enjoy! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. No new project until the blanket is done? Hmmm, doubtful, but I like that you're trying! I like your version better than the lace, because I too am guilty of most often preferring the look of "plain old vanilla" stockinette! So if I see any Pure Linen on sale, I shouldn't alert you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale