Sharing the Love of Knitting!

Having a new baby arrive can be inspiring for us knitters!

I couldn't resist making this adorable "Joey" hat from Rowan's Baby 4 ply Collection for my friend's new addition! 

This collection uses Super Fine Merino 4 ply!

I have to say, this yarn would make gorgeous sweaters for those of you who love a fine gauge kit! The colours are subtle and so sophisticated! 
Of course, this was all part of my plan to encourage the new Mom
to take up the needles herself! Yes! It worked!

Here Mom is knitting with the new Big Wool Silk yarn - totally gorgeous!
She is knitting a stocking stitch/reverse stocking stitch scarf, which we decided
today to make into a cowl....stay tuned for future progress updates!

While I visited for our knitting lesson, I shared this...

The Knitted Nursery Collection
14 cuddly toys and colourful accessories for babies!
by Jem Weston!

Jem has a great web site where you can buy
kits for her designs - very handy for a new Mom knitter
who might find it hard to get out to the yarn store!
Check it out!

I think the "Ollie and Polly Blanket" design caught her eye....
think of the gorgeous colour combinations you could make
in Cotton Glacé!

This would be perfect for the new knitter,
colourful yarn in garter stitch stripes!



This Mom of 2 (yes, there is another adorable little one who was sleeping while I visited today) is a crocheter, so I think knitting might come easily to her. The question will be....how to find the time with two young children? I'm hoping we can progress with knitting while she is on leave from her job...because there are some lovely baby collections coming out...




I'm excited to be sharing my love of knitting!

so until next time,

Happy Knitting!


Anne
x with Lackie and Daisy at her feet (always)

Comments

  1. That hat is so sweet! And well done you for getting the mom interested in knitting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an adorable hat, on an adorable baby :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale