#RowanNordicGarland

Yes, that's right!  A hashtag!


Isn't this the cutest garland!

My knitting buddy Claire and I discovered that we both wanted to knit the Nordic Garland from Martin Storey's new book "easy fairisle knits"!

We have decided to have a Rowan Nordic Garland knit-a-long!

Claire is going to knit the garland as designed, 15 trees! (She is a busy Mom and at this extra-busy time of year, this will be a challenge for her!)


You can follow Claire on her blog Knit and Purl Garden,

 on Facebook and Instagram!

I have challenged myself to knit A TREE A DAY!  Yes, one tree (at least) each day, December 1 - 25, so that on December 25 I will have a whole lotta Nordic Tree Garland! :)

CONFESSION!  Before I even contemplated this, I started knitting the icord, because I was worried that the icord would be my downfall!  I have to tell you! The icord is easy and super quick.  If you follow me on instagram, you will have seen me knitting icord at the car dealership while having my winter tires put on, in the car (did I post that one?) and at the laundromat (we are doing a bit of a laundry room reno here so our washer/dryer has been unhooked for a couple of weeks). So my icord is well on the way and I am going to knit a tree a day and attach them as I go along. 




ha ha ha....that paragraph has 5 mentions of icord....that's a lot of icord :) and that's how I feel, I have knit A LOT OF ICORD! I am ready to start my tree a day challenge on Monday, December 1!

You can follow me here on Life LackaDaisiCal, on my Facebook page, and on Instagram too!


Claire and I couldn't resist these adorable knitted trees with just a touch of fair isle! Maybe you can't either....You might want to join in yourself! We'd love to see other postings showing up in the #RowanNordicGarland feed!


I'm excited about adding a bit of #HandKnitChristmas to my life this year, so I think I'll be adding that hashtag to my posts too!  So if you are knitting for Christmas, tag it and share it!

Handy links for more information....


Rowan Felted Tweed - available in 28 fabulous shades!
Easy Fair Isle Knits by Martin Storey on the KnitRowan page!

Martin Storey on Facebook


Happy Christmas, Happy Knitting!

Anne 

#RowanNordicGarland #HandKnitchristmas #RowanYarns

Comments

  1. I would love to join in. I need the book though. I've sent you a message on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristie! I got mine from the UK....but they should be showing up here in Canada and the U.S. soon.

      Delete
  2. Oh Anne what a nice KAL... must be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I too would like to make one. Any idea where I can get the pattern or book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hot off the press and available in the UK now. It should be in Rowan stockist shops soon. I asked my Rowan stockist, The Needle Emporium in Ancaster Ontario about it...she is going to order it right away!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale