I'm participating in a KAL!

Want to join in on the fun?

I've never done this before.....I'm a KAL Virgin you might say (laughing out loud).....so when a friend asked me if I'd like to join this KAL, although I have way too many projects.....I decided "what the heck" and signed up via Ravelry.


Yes, it's a Stephen West Mystery KAL - for a "mystery" shawl.  "Rockefeller" is the name of the shawl - and it needs two shades of a light fingering weight yarn - 410 and 421 m.

While I originally thought Tosh, the yardage would have been dicey and I only have one skein of each shade in my stashed 3 shade combos.

Then I thought Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift - as I have a bit of that around (ahem). But honestly, I just couldn't bear the thought of moving those boxes of Spindrift to get to box 6 and 8 which are down a bit....so I got rooting around in my sock yarn stash and came up with.....
Two Opal Sock yarns
 - I think these might work really well - only casting on and knitting a few rows will tell!

Want to join the KAL?  Just pop on over to Ravelry, and join the Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012!

Happy Knitting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale