Shameless Shopping....

I couldn't help myself.......

In Edinburgh I picked the yarn for Kate Davies "Peerie Flooers" hat....the original shades
Lovely shades of lovely yarn - I haven't knit
with it yet, but Candice did her Peerie Flooers hat
in this yarn which seemed almost string like to knit with
but when washed - the yarn bloomed and is lovely and soft!
I love this hat!

Even though I've done my own version of this hat with Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift - I do hope to one day make it again using the yarn and shades called for in the design.  I'm totally in love with this simple stranded motif, done in only 7 shades - that well, I think I'll take inspiration from it for something else (coming soon).

Kim Hargreaves' new book also came home with me from Edinburgh.
There is one design in this book
that I must knit!
At the Rowan Mill in Holmfirth, we weren't able to buy yarn as it is all stored and distributed from a warehouse somewhere in Germany.....but we could buy books.....

Rowan Studio 24
While at the Heriot-Watt University, we took a course on Spindle Spinning led by Janet Renouf-Miller - she leads courses in spinning, dyeing, knitting and crochet, as well as completing her own fibre-based items for sale in galleries and exhibitions.  Her web site is "Create with Fibre".

Janet had brought along with her some of her own hand spun, hand dyed yarns....and I couldn't resist bring this little beauty home with me...


It has these lovely locks of fleece hanging from it here and there.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it....I guess the first thing is to figure out what yardage I have and go from there.

It's a small world.....Janet lives in the small town/village in Scotland that my Dad came from!  She is an amazing woman - in addition to her fibre web site Create With Fibre she also blogs at the Create with Fibre blog AND she also blogs about her life strategy, about living life to the full at her other blog.... "diary of a downshifter" all about living life simply.

Now that both Hubby and I are retired....we have both come to realize that during our working life we acquired things....lots of things.....he his things, me my things.....all related to our hobbies and interests...and honestly I don't think we could use up all our "things" in our lifetime!  Reading Janet's blog has confirmed an idea I've been thinking about for a while - it's not a new idea - lots of knitters out there have done this already.

I am going on a yarn diet in 2012.   I have to think about this a bit.....

Comments

  1. What it help your "diet" if u were to think of your stash as a shop and when u need to shop for wool, u just go through your stash?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale