Snow day....

Snow, snow, snow - I really like snow, but I'm ready for Spring.
I just love those red branches on what looks otherwise like a black and white photo almost.
More snow than I thought...........on a day like this you just have to....
Bake something!
Like these rich scones - with raisins.
(Because we do not buy store-bought cakes or pastries any more.)
I had to make scones, because the cake I made on the weekend -
Walnut cake with fudge icing in the middle.....
is all gone!
(Sorry - this photo was taken through the glass top of our cake stand.)

Comments

  1. Another receipt for you to try from the Green Door: 2 cups of crushed pecans or almonds , 2 cups of rice flour (you can use white or brown or both combined, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp cardamon,3/4 cups of canola oil and 3/4 cups maple syrup. Mix dry stuff, mix wet stuff, mix together, let sit for a second as the rice flour will absorb the wet stuff but don't worry if it looks wet it's ok, put spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or when you think they're done. P.S. to crush nuts you can do this the old fashion way, especially if you're having a bad day, take a clean dish towel put the nuts in the middle, fold the towel in half and using a large hammer or your rolling pin beat the ..... out of the nuts. I love doing this it's a great stress buster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that cake looks lovely. Care to share the recipe?
    I would love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale