September 11

What a conflicting day -- September 11, 2001 -

Stonehenge - Sept. 10/01
DH and I had arrived in the UK and had travelled down to visit Stonehenge - I'd always wanted to go and this was the first opportunity for us to visit.  I wasn't blogging at the time, but I used this photo on She Ewe Knits.  Stonehenge was truly magical.

The morning of  Sept. 11/01 - we stopped by Stonehenge for the last time, and then headed off  to Telford, for Hubby's model railroad exhibition.......we stopped for gas and that's when we heard the news......I'll never forget it.....

This year September 11 is the day that the Cambridge Bridge event officially opens.....remember I showed you the piece of knitting that I sent in?  Wish I could be there to see the official opening....but September 11 is also...

The Kitchener Waterloo Knitters' Fair -- I've been going to this even ever year - well, almost every year.  I enjoyed the years I was there as "She Ewe Knits" - what a thrill to meet other fair isle type knitters.  I had intended to be there this year, doing some retail therapy, wearing my new Hibiscus cardigan, but unfortunately.........

just where in the world am I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale