Exercise and knitting....

I find that when I'm in a real knitting groove - exercise drops off entirely -- and since I'm not a big exercise fan anyway - that means NO exercise LOL - well, the 3 x a week half hour trail walk with the dogs I always do, but as a serious knitter, I need SERIOUS exercise.

That's why we bought bikes -- and I've been getting my wheels back under me so to speak -- it's been a long time since I've ridden a bike -- with a few trips to the neighbours and some round the driveway between the cars, turns etc......we decided that this morning we were ready to go for our first round the block bike ride.

I live on a rural street -- with rural blocks -- I can't rightly recall how long it is to go round, but when we used to walk it - at a good clip it took an hour.

So off we went......up the first hill and I was thinking maybe go to the corner and back....but hubby pushed me on....he was a big fixed wheel bike rider in his youth - you should see his legs even now - so he has taken to this bike riding like nothing else LOL!!!

Anyway, to make a long story short....or a long ride shorter....WE MADE IT! right round the block -- I'm red in the face and sweating buckets, but boy do I feel great!

This week I have some serious knitting to do, and we are going to do the bike thing in the morning, and the doggies in the afternoon, so with all that and the day to day stuff, well, I'll be busy - so I'll see you at the end of the week with a knitting/biking update ok?

Have a great week!

Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. It's nice to have someone to go with you. Before you know it, you'll be racing each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get out on the bike! That's great - I haven't been out once this year... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Anne! And never underestimate the workout your hands and arms are getting during a protracted knitting session.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale