Turns out.....

It turns out that all three of the Stieg Larrson books have been filmed in Sweden.

Swedish Author, Swedish Story, Swedish Actors - makes sense to me.

Noomi Rapace plays Lisbeth Salander, and after seeing this first movie, it's hard to imagine anyone else in this role.

Of course, Hollywood wants to get in on the action -- after all, these Swedish films have taken in more tha $100 million worldwide.

Columbia Pictures has made a deal with the Swedish production company and with the Father and Brother of the author - who now own the Stieg Larrson book rights.

Rumour has it that the Director will be David Fincher - I've never seen any of his movies - Fight Club, Se7en and Alien 3???

Casting rumours are Carey Mullligan or Natalie Portman for Lisbeth Salander....and for the male role - the big 3 - Johnny Depp, George Clooney and Brad Pitt for Michael Blomkvist.

Oh dear, I see a disaster coming up here LOL!!!

I read a comment suggesting Daniel Craig for the Michael Blomkvist part -- yes, I could get behind that for sure!

My vote would be to leave the Swedish movies alone -- just dub the English in like on the first movie and let people enjoy the filmmaking talents of another country.

Comments

  1. Hi...
    I read your comments and can't agree more, having read the books and recently watched the film. The Swedes did a great job, I thought, especially in casting. The American film should star Mel Gibson as Zalachenko and his new ex-love as Salander--they'd be naturals.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale