Busy, Busy, Busy.....

Wow, this week has flown by.

A week ago today, I was heading off to Shall We Knit in New Hamburg for a Trunk Show with Anne Hanson. Although lace isn't my thing particularly, I felt I couldn't miss a visit by Anne to our area......and I'm glad I went.

The Trunk Show was amazing -- as with most knits, nothing beats seeing the real thing......and Anne's lace creations are wonderful.

Great blogger that I am, I TOOK NO PICTURES LOL!!! I did run into Lorraine and Pat there.....and Lorraine has blogged about it on her blog Sheriff of Knittingham.

On Sunday, it was back to New Hamburg for a full day workshop with Anne -- we were going to be starting her Irtfa shawl........it has Faroese shoulder shaping, and a nifty little edging......I'd brought along some Jamieson's Spindrift in Woodgreen to play around with.......it was nice, but I fell for the lure of true lace knitting yarn and came home with some Misty Alpaca to do justice to this lovely design.
On Monday, Anne was doing the adjudication for the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters Guild show which was on Tuesday - so back on the 401 I went to KW on Tuesday night and was totally blown away by the wonderful projects which were submitted by the KW Guild membership for adjudication. This adjudicated show is held every two years - next one June 2012!

Anne blogs about all of this and other KW adventures (like meeting Debbie New) on her Knitspot blog.

I'm not sure if the lace knitting virus has taken hold just yet, but when I got home, I did order another Knitspot pattern that Shall We Knit didn't stock - it's the Maplewing Shawl and I just fell in love this this at the Trunk Show.

Wednesday was coffee morning with my knit buds in town. Thursday was Yoga. Friday was unfortunately grocery shopping day (even knitters have to eat) and here we are up to date with today LOL!!!

Progress is being made on the Hibiscus Cardigan, and I'll do an update on it tomorrow, and I think we'll have our first blog prize.

The She Ewe Knits/Shades of Shetland "studio" is undergoing a makeover and I'll post some photos of that here next week. This will help me keep the momentum going (I hope!).

Happy Knitting

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week - I'd love to see Anne Hanson's creations up close - I've made some and she does make amazing shawls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laritza and I attended one of Anne Hanson's trunk shows in Frederick, MD earlier this year. Like you, but unlike Laritza, I had never been bitten by the lace bug, but Anne's creations may have inspired me to start. I've started a lace stash in preparation ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale