Exciting Knitting World News!

Check out Eunny Jang's blog.......she's going to be the new editor of Interweave Knits.


This is interesting! Eunny likes to take the traditional, and ramp it up a bit to a modern day look. I wonder how this is going to translate to the magazine.


Good luck to Eunny - can't wait to see your influence on Interweave Knits.


I' m assuming she won't be blogging? Who knows, she might......but in the meantime, she's designed a great sweater in Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift -- for the fall Simply Shetland book. You can get a sneak peak on her blog. (I'm actually very surprised at this as usually designs for books are top secret!)


On the personal knitting front.....I had a quiet day yesterday, so watched the DVD's of a series called "Eleventh Hour" with Patrick Steward (I LOVE PATRICK STEWART) -- and later watched the Canadian Brier curling final.....so a lot of knitting was done on the Nicky Epstein Fake Fair Isle jacket. Fake Fair Isle is a good name -- it's not really a fair isle (by my definition) -- it's a stranded design, done in pieces, with a few 3 colours per row blips......the shades are fabulous.


Of course, I'm doing my usual thing with it-- knitting the body in one piece -- but doing it back and forth because I don't want the extra bulk at the front openings.
Here's a photo -- once you've knit all of the little tabby pieces that hang on the bottom edge, you knit the back "extension" -- so the back actually hangs longer than the fronts. Interesting......this isn't shown in the schematic -- but you can see it in one of the photos in the book.

Blocking will do wonders for those little tabby things. (I hope! LOL)

Comments

  1. Anne- It's a very interesting design. The colors are so beautiful and rich together. It's a really wonderful yarn to work with.
    Patrick Stewart is very charming as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE Patrick Stewart as well! He was THE best ST captain out of all of them. So debonair and capable...*sigh*.

    The design is beautiful, I love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to have found your blog. Your knitting is inspiring and beautiful. I :) your doggie as well. My Westie is Spike.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale