2021 - My Year of Colourful Intention

With a new year, and new hope in the form of vaccines on the horizon.....2021 looks like yet more opportunity for reflective knitting, so this year I’ve decided to consciously focus on Colourful Knitting!

In the past I’ve done a lot of stranded knitting....and yes, I love a good stranded knit.

But for 2021, with a feeling of inspiration in oh so many ways....I’ve decided to finally get a grip on...

INTARSIA

Intarsia is making a comeback....and this time I refuse to be left behind!!!

Who else to design intarsia that entices....but Kaffe Fassett.

Kaffe and his colourful knitting has been in the forefront throughout the history of the Rowan Yarns Magazines. These last few years Rowan has produced brochures dedicated to the designs of Kaffe Fassett and Kaffe himself has added to the range of shades in the Felted Tweed range!

For Autumn/Winter 2020/21 there is a new Kaffe collection....a mixture of garments, accessories and homeware. Lisa Richardson has added a couple of fabulous sweaters to knit up to show off your knit accessories. What a great combination!


This is the third Kaffe Fassett design collection....


Two previous collections!

You might recall that I knit the glorious stripes scarf featured on the front of Kaffe’s Colours!

There have also been two Modern Daily Knitting Field Guides focussed on Kaffe’s colourful designs.

MDK Field Guild 13: Master Class - stripes and stranded designs by Kaffe!
MDK Field Guild 16: Painterly - intarsia by Kaffe!

Jenn Arnall Culliford - technical knitter supreme, has done a series of youtube tutorials on intarsia - I found them most instructive - you can find them here..... Little Lessons Intarsia by Jen Arnall-Culliford.

My first step into Intarsia land?

By taking inspiration from the Paint Daubs Blanket and Cushion designs in the Kaffe Fassett Felted Tweed collection.....I’ve finished.....

Paint Daubs Shawl

As my first step into intarsia, this project gave me the opportunity to do a “Faux Intarsia” weaving method.....it’s easy....well, you need to watch my latest vblog to hear all about it!

 

Maybe you’ll make a Paint Daubs Shawl? What colours will you use?

Happy Knitting,

Anne x
(Staying home, staying safe....to support our essential workers.)







If you don’t have a local yarn store, or your LYS doesn’t have what you need, please check out LoveCrafts...use the link above and you’ll support my blog in a small way, as I am a LoveCrafts affiliate.

Comments

  1. you've inspired me to knit a Paint Daubs 'shawl'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale