Koigu Hand Painted Yarn - June knit update!

The Life LDC June video update is here!





I've joined the Swish & Flick Collective by Kay F. Jones. 

Swish and Flick Collective - 7 designs inspired by the 7 Harry Potter Books! (Anything Harry Potter and I'm in!!!!

Bonus Pattern...Choose you House Socks
Burrow Wrap - inspired by the Philosopher's Stone
The Whispers in the Walls socks! - inspired by the Chamber of Secrets

I'm just dying to know what the project will be for The Prisoner of Azkaban! Will it be something inspired by Sirius or Buckbeak maybe??? 


Koigu, the ORIGINAL hand painted yarn - established 1992!


Vogue Knitting have always featured Koigu....a couple of samples of Vogue patterns that use Koigu and are my favourites!






Colour Band Pullover


The Empress Jacket - Now, right now I'm in LOVE with this design....the Empress Jacket -
It has modular pieces on the back, a fair isle section at the underarm and garter stitch sleeves! I'm imagining the texture and gorgeous colour play in this design. DARE I????





To see the whole selection of designs using Koigu in the Vogue Knitting digital pattern shop...click here!

I love the idea of the Koigu Pencil Boxes - 10 - 20 gram skeins of Koigu - read all about the Koigu Pencil Boxes here.


Thank you to Kay for reminding me of Koigu.....the original hand painted yarn.....dyed here in Ontario!

I used Rowan Kidsilk Haze with the Koigu for my Burrow Wrap and it worked beautifully!



Don't you just love a truly luxurious fringe! I'll give it a bit of a tidy after the wrap is washed and gently blocked....not a serious blunt cut....just trim off any obviously unruly fringes :) 


I've found a copy of the "Knits from a Painter's Palette"!  I highly recommend Grantham Books!


Are you a Rowan Subscriber? I've renewed my Rowan Subscription and am waiting patiently for Rowan Magazine 66 (I said 65 oops) hoping it will be on the way soon - I hope! 


Marie Wallin is taking bookings for her FairIsle Club 5 - The Sevillian Tile Throw!


Before the next FairIsle club starts in December....I'm determined to finish two major WIPs - 

My Magnolia (FI Club 4), designed of course by Marie Wallin, using Rowan's Felted Tweed!

and my Bradfield Scarf, design by Lisa Richardson for Rowan using their Valley Tweed.


And that's about it here at Life LDC!


Thank you for all of your kind messages about Daisy.....Lackie is missing her....but every day he gets a big more comfortable with being a single dog....we give him lots of cuddles, exercise and entertainment!




But I'm sure he misses Daisy...as we all do.


Until next time,

Happy Knitting.


Anne
(with Lackie at her feet)












Comments

  1. enjoyed the podcast so much. The burrow wrap is really lovely! I'll have to dig out what Koigu I have and see what's what. I might have that charlottes web in a kit. who knows ......... The Marie fair isle jacket is simply amazing - you must finish it before fall rolls around. summer knitting on that deck must be awesome - way too hot here to hardly run from the house to the car. cheers
    mel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale

Mode at Rowan - Collection One - and my 002 design by Martin Storey!