January 2018 Update


Here's my video blog updating my "creative" January 2018!

1:00 Fair Isle inspiration this month - check out my prized fair isle

3:36  Current Project Update - Lerwick, the Marie Wallin Fairisle Club 3 design.

6:24  I've been Sewing!inspired by Sonya Philip and her 100 Acts of Sewing patterns! She has two classes on Creative Bug, so I joined and made....well, you'll have to watch!

7:50 "A Year of Techniques: Fair Isle Colour Dominance Tutorial" by Jen Arnall-Culliford 

Check out my blog post, "Following the Straight and Narrow" discussing yarn dominance in stranded knitting.

9:15 You Tube Recommendation - Arne and Carlos. Here is the video I mentioned ... 

The ARNE & CARLOS Christmas Special Podcast: Knitting Christmas Balls 

This video is very entertaining - but if you want to hear about the english version....go to the 50 minute mark! :)

12:00 Lackie and Daisy get new Coats! I show you how I repurposed two sweaters that were just hanging around....not being worn.

14:43 Fair Isle Knitting Demonstration:

On a flat piece of knitting.....I demonstrate simple knit and purl stranding...and the basics of catching in floats on both a knit and purl row!

There is no one way, no right way....to hold you yarn....this is the way I do it....I can strand with my right, with my left, one yarn in both....I switch things up to relieve muscle stress....I suggest you try different methods also!

41:17 BONUS - Lackie and Daisy wearing their new repurposed sweaters! Yes, this is the way I have to knit...most of the time :)

What are you going to do creatively this month?

.....until the February update!

Happy Knitting!

Anne x
(with Daisy and Lackie at her feet)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale

Mode at Rowan - Collection One - and my 002 design by Martin Storey!