Posh Nosh, Pimms and Yarn!

The shop was decorated, Susan Gudrum (owner of DocKnits)
and Peggy (centre) and Jeffi (right) the DocKnits team,

were there to welcome their guests!

I was thrilled when Susan invited me to share the new Autumn/Winter 2015/16 Rowan yarns at an exclusive event
 to celebrate the second anniversary of DocKnits!

Magazine 58 was on hand for those who wanted a sneak peak!

Yarn tasting stations were set up around the store!

I had started a swatch for each yarn,
and made sure that the corresponding
 pattern books were handy!



Cheryl here is "tasting" the new Hemp Tweed yarn!
(Everyone was invited to dress up and wear a hat - I think
Cheryl took the hat thing to another level!)


Angela is a crocheter (love her shawl). 
She was interested in the crochet designs in the new magazine!
(I couldn't help but show her a few of my favourites from past magazines too!)

"Afternoon Tea" was served.
(It was the social event of the year :) and warranted the best china!)




















Loved these swirly sandwiches!
(I personally ate quite a few of those salmon rolls!)











A summer afternoon gathering isn't complete without "Pimms".
Here Susan serves Sarah, Carole-Ann and Darlene!
(Thank you for Darlene for putting me up for the weekend!)


visit DocKnits!

DocKnits is located in Port Elgin, Ontario.....
it's just shy of a 3 hour drive from my front door.
This small community holds many fond memories for me.
My family vacationed here each fall....just in time for the Salmon fishing season.

Located on the eastern shore of Lake Huron, 
Port Elgin is known for it's stunning sunsets!
(Thank you to my Sister who "summers" here for the photo!)


I had to wait to share this experience with you because, the DocKnits yarn tasting was going to be featured in the Row@n August Newsletter! Have you seen it? Click through to read the Newsletter from cover to cover!

Happy Knitting!

Anne
(with xxx from Lackie and Daisy, at her feet)
about my sign off line.....
Daisy in particular is never far away...
and she understands not to touch my yarn...
well, hardly ever :)

Lackie can sometimes be tempted :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale