Bull....

Rushes, that is......the subject of our second project in the Watercolour class.......

I showed you the inspiration photo back in this post......


"Bull Rushes"
Thank you to Candice for sharing her excellent
class notes with me...... I was in Vermont when this project was completed.
I was having some self doubt about this whole Watercolour thing......but they I remembered the 10,000 hours theory....you need to pay your dues.....you need to spend a significant amount of time working at whatever to master it.......10,000 hours, that's 5 years of working at "it" 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week"......that's a lot of dedicated time.

When I thought of it that way, well, I realized that (as usual) I was being too hard on myself, after all, I'm such a beginner at this watercolour gig that I have to just relax and go with it.....enjoy it....not be so demanding on myself.....I was wobbly for a couple of days - I almost dumped all of my new art supplies in the garbage!!!  But honestly, when I thought about it, well, it's all an adventure isn't it.

Lackie was fascinated with the whole thing.....


Some day there may be videos of me painting on You Tube.......



but not yet!

Knitting update next time!

Take time to enjoy yourself today (and every day).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale