Hot off the press

The ironing board that is!This is a swatch of the yarns I'd use for the fair isle design in the Holiday 2007 issue of Vogue Knitting - you know the one!

While not an exact representation, this is a great translation for those who would prefer to use Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift for this design. The original pattern calls for 28 sts to 10 cm -- that's 7 sts to the inch. I'd actually prefer to see this knit at 8 sts to the inch.

Of course, I'm offering yarn packs for this design -- and with this I'm introducing a new Sale Program at She Ewe Knits for my She Ewe Knitters, and Shades of Shetland readers.

Every month I'm going to put a featured design on sale -- so for this first item, from now until the end of November the yarn pack for the Vogue Sweater will be offered at a special price. If I run out of any of the shades used in this design during the sale period, any yarn pack ordered during this time period will also be offered at the sale price.

"Vogue Sweater" yarn packs:
39" - 31 balls at $4.75 = $147.25
42.5" - 34 balls at $4.75 = $161.50
46" - 39 balls at $4.75 = $185.25
49.25" - 42 balls at $4.75 = $199.50
52.75" - 47 balls at $4.75 = $223.25
56.25" - 48 balls at $4.75 = $228.00
(Sizes above are finished buttoned bust measurements)
Yarn will be packaged in a clear vinyl zippered bag, complete with translation key, and includes expedited parcel shipping which is traceable and insured!

Just drop me a line at Anne at sheeweknits dot com

Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. OMG! YAY! Where have I been?! Do we get to 'follow the leader' too?! What a great time for me to start a FI! and one that's on my wish list! I'll email you shortly! m :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you make it so easy... I'll talk to you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks is a wonderful rendition of Oregon Autumn and the 'deal' you are offering- wow, what a great buy.

    I have the VY Kit but, I will be 'watching' for your next offer.


    Thanks Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,

    The colours are great. It's moving further up my to-do list...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne,

    You're teasing me 'cos I'm in the UK and haven't got my copy of Vogue Knitting yet and their site is being revamped so I can't even get a sneaky peak!

    Your swatch looks lovely though so I'll just have to be patient (drums fingers impatiently).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne,

    Many thanks for your comment on my blog. I've just managed to get a copy of Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting and will be experimenting soon. I've only just started Fair Isle and have found it totally absorbing. I loved your Autumn Rose sweater and aspire to completing my own one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color "translation"!

    And you're right... Ravelry is taking a big bite from my comment time because I can find everything there posted all in one place!

    I'm not giving up my blogging though... I just don't seem to do it quite as often :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale